What we want to achieve?
Host local application with HTTPS in Windows PC / Server
1. Add DNS name to hosts file at
2. Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator
3. Enter command and will see Self Signed Certificate generated by PowerShell
New-SelfSignedCertificate -DnsName "<dns_name>" -certstorelocation "cert:\LocalMachine\my"
4. Open Windows Run enter Control Panel and ok
5. In Control Panel Explorer, search certificate and click Manage computer certificates
6. Navigate to Certificates – Local Computer > Personal > Certificates and will see the generated certificate
7. CTRL + C demo.local, navigate to Local Computer > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates and CTRL + V
8. Now open IIS Manager (Window Run + inetmgr), navigate to demo website.
9. Open Bindings and Add a site binding with
- https – <hosting ip> – 443
- Name the host name
- Tick Require Server Name Indiction
- Select the signed SSL certificate
10. Lastly, open browser and tadaaaa..! Connection is secure!